Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What's it like in Saudi Arabia?

Welcome to my Blog!

I'll use my first post to explain why I'm writing this blog. Occaisionally, when I'm back home in Blighty, I get asked "What's it like in Saudi Arabia?" At first I was left speechless by this question; it's very difficult to describe how stange some aspects of this country are to a westerner. Later I would reply with another question: "How many hours have you got?" This, I hoped, would give the (correct) impression that Saudi Arabia is very different to anything they are used to and it would take several hours to answer their question.

This blog is an attempt to take the answer to the question above a little further.

Many times in the years I've been here I've personally experienced events, or heard from friends about events, or read in the local press about events, that would help to give someone who doesn't know Saudi Arabia, some idea of how different this country is. From now on, as I come accress such events, I will be able to record them here.

Of course, I'm an opinionated so-and-so or I wouldn't be arrogant enough to think that people might want to read something that I've written. So, from time-to-time, I will take the opportunity to express my opinion on some World event that I feel strongly about.

I do hope you will continue to read my blog.

Regards,
abuTrevor

No comments: